Sharing the responsibility of parenting children.
- Working and collaborating with the other parent, whether you are in an intimate relationship with that person or not, is vital for the emotional well being of children.
- Put aside the issues going on between yourselves, putting the children’s needs ahead of your own issues.
- Be aware that using the children as pawns in your own ongoing power struggles is VERY detriment to their childhood.
- Chances are that the children will copy and play out the negative patterns used in their childhood, throughout their lives passing on our negative legacies generation after generation.
- Take control of your own emotions and commit to having the best Parental Partnership you can, regardless of your circumstances.
Beliefs and Affirmations
I am able to work alongside my children’s other parent, for their greater good with grace.
(How to make it very EASY to feel the positive emotion)
Anytime I communicate on parental issues with an unbiased mind-set, I feel we have a parental partnership.
“Every child should have a caring adult in their lives. And that’s not always a biological parent or family member. It may be a friend or neighbour. Often times it is a teacher.”
– Joe Manchin
“There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots; the other, wings.”
– Hodding Carter