Aroused: brought to a state of great tension;
Awareness is the key.
- If you are wound up, there is a reason for it.
- Recognise your heightened state and be mindful of how you react/respond.
- Decide whether to use the nervous energy in a positive way or take steps to calm down first.
- Look for patterns in your life around becoming wound up.
- Decide to either embrace the pattern because it serves you or if it is a hindrance, develop strategies that will help you move away from it.
Beliefs and Affirmations
I can recognise when I am ‘wound up’, recognise the triggers and watch for them next time.
(How to make it very HARD to feel the negative emotion)
The only time I will allow myself to feel…Wound Up, is when I need the nervous energy.
DC079 My neighbours granddaughter deliberately parks her car so its hard to get out of the drive!!! She knows it upsets me and I’m so wind up I could cry!
DC162 My partner still has his 32 year old daughter under his wing financially and emotionally. It’s blocking our relationship. What can I do?
“When you feel wound up like coil or a spring, imagine the energy encased in it, then use the energy for something productive. ”