Unconnected (from Partner)
A feeling of not being joined or connected to your Partner.
- Appreciate feeling Unconnected as a sign to start working on and in the relationship.
- Learn to voice your feelings and needs in a tactful way.
- Be open to listening to your Partners viewpoint and needs too.
- Accepting each other for whom you both are is key, expecting the other to be something else is not helpful.
- Create ‘safe’ space to talk, perhaps somewhere neutral, (maybe a walk in the park/ woods). Arrange Quality Time, giving each other individual attention.
Beliefs and Affirmations
I’ve learnt that the best way to tackle feeling unconnected is to just voice my feelings (within reason) and reconnect.
(How to make it very HARD to feel the negative emotion)
The only time I will allow myself to feel…….Unconnected, is when I can accept it as a signal to communicate.
DC109 We never go out together, just the two of us, there is always someone else with us.
“What we lack we seek and then struggle against those whom we select as mates.”
– Sheldon Kopp