Separate (within a relationship)
Not feeling the connection with your partner.
- Feeling Separate or distant from our Partner is a signal to take action.
- Be aware that it is healthy to have separate interests and hobbies and time apart IS necessary.
- Communication is the key to tapping into the energy that connects two people.
- Create an openness between the two of you, so when one feels disjointed, they are able to voice what is going on for them.
- Avoid getting into ruts, injects Spontaneity and adventure into your lives.
- Find inexpensive ways of sharing time together.
- Turn off the television etc. and talk about your day.
- Sit together on the settee.
- Be kind to each other!
Beliefs and Affirmations
When we can feel us becoming Separate entities within our relationship, we can plan exciting interludes to get us back on track.
(How to make it very HARD to feel the negative emotion)
The only time I will allow myself to feel……..Separate within our relationship, is when we are indulging in are own separate hobbies/interest.
DC109 We never go out together, just the two of us, there is always someone else with us.
“Once the realisation is accepted that even between the closest human beings, infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful living side by side can grow up if they succeed in loving the distance between them, which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against a wide sky.”
– Rainer aria Rilke
“Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is the threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. that is what makes marriage last, more than passion or even sex.”
– Simone Signoret