Spoken to or treated with disrespect or scornful abuse.
- When you feel insulted, appreciate you’button’s have been pushed.
- Just know others are reflecting out of their Value system and it conflicts with yours.
- Decide not to take offence as taking offence affects the way you react.
- Consider a balanced response rather than a ‘knee jerk’ reaction.
- Look for your own learnings behind the communication and be open to considering if it is based in truth or reality.
Beliefs and Affirmations
I am able to intuitively know whether I need to respond accordingly or let the negative communication go.
(How to make it very HARD to feel the negative emotion)
The only time I will allow myself to feel….Insulted, is when I need it to propel me into an appropriate response.
DC059 Staff in shops who are serving you, but continue to talk to their colleague on the other till!
“The only graceful way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can’t ignore it, top it. If you can’t top it, laugh at it. If you can’t laugh at it, it’s probably deserved.”
– J. Russell Lynes