A hostile or argumentative meeting or situation between opposing parties
- Know that facing up to the confrontation is being true to your values and what is important to you.
- Focus on the strength you have inside of you, speak your truth relishing the confidence that brings with it.
- Visualise yourself standing strong, feel the power in vocalising your ‘corner’.
- Very often the thought of standing up for yourself is a lot worse than the reality.
- Set an intention for the outcome you desire.
Beliefs and Affirmations
My anticipation and reaction to public, active, verbal, confrontational and spontaneous events, is one of strength and empowerment.
(How to make it very HARD to feel the negative emotion)
The only time I will allow myself to feel….Confrontation, is when everything else fails.
The only time I will allow myself to feel Confrontation/Conflict, is when I don’t take a deep breath or don’t take time out.
DC111 When my husband is disciplining the children, I get drawn in and end up falling out with everyone!
DC113 I get drawn into my children’s squabbles and end up being the baddie!
There can be no progress without head-on confrontation.”
― Christopher Hitchens