A strong feeling of displeasure or hostility. a feeling of great annoyance or antagonism as the result of some real or supposed grievance; rage; wrath
- Understand that anger is a natural emotion. It’s what we do with the anger that damages our health, our relationships, and the perception others have of you.
- Walk away immediately when you realize you are about to allow your anger to turn to rage or becoming violent.
- Recognize that sometimes anger is justified, and may need to come out. However, realize that there are productive ways to do it instead of lashing out at others.
- When you wake up in the morning, resolve that you’re going to greet every person or experience as if it’s brand-new to you.
- Shed your preconceived notions, and give everything a fresh start.
Beliefs and Affirmations
I am able to diffuse my anger and channel it in a more productive way
I control my anger by expressing myself in a firm yet positive manner
I always speak my mind rather than let frustrations build up
I am able to calm myself down and detach from anger
I allow myself to acknowledge angry feelings without losing control
(How to make it very HARD to feel the negative emotion)
The only time I will feel Anger, is when I don’t put things into perspective.
The only time I will allow myself to feel…………..Angry, is when I’ve let a situation control me. (is when I don’t live my new standards).
The only time I will allow myself to feel…………..Anger, is when I lose my focus on the end result.
The only time I will allow myself to feel…………..Angry, is when I forget to collapse the situation.
The only time I will feel anger in my life is when……I can’t see any way forward.
The only time I will allow myself to feel…………….. Anger is when I appreciate the situation is fully in my control.
My son keeps being cheeky, answering me back, in a not very nice way. (DC018)
My ex husband keeps bad mouthing me to my children and it’s very distressing for them and for me. (DC035)
A woman passed my house and threw rubbish in my garden! (DC039)
I keep rowing with my husband and I’m frightened we might split up. (DC057)
Social Media says I have looked at my Ex Bosses profile! (And I haven’t!!) Hated my Ex Boss for his behaviour!! (DC070)
My children take me for granted and we end up shouting at each other a lot. (DC083)
DC107 My husband / partner doesn’t take my job seriously and keeps taking the mickey out of it. It’s driving me mad!
DC136 My partner is continually texting someone else and I don’t trust him any more.
DC138 My partner doesn’t let me know when he isn’t going to meet me (pre-arranged times). It’s driving me crazy!
DC140 My child has been diagnosed with Asperger’s and its tearing me apart.
Usually when people are sad, they don’t do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change”
“Anger is a short madness”
“Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love”
-George Eliot The Mill on the Floss
“Never let the sun go down on your anger”